Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, May 18, 2012

sunrise, sunset



It seems that the only way I know how to communicate here anymore is in updates.  This obviously is a little something from Mother's Day.  I have a lot of wonderful something's but if I continue to wait until I can show all the pictures it will be Father's Day!

So, I had a lovely Mother's Day and at the risk of being sacriligeous (or something) I will do a ridiculously out of order post when my daughter finally sends me the pictures that I took on her camera...  Thanks Hillary! The testing that I've been mentioning actually took place yesterday and I'm glad to have that one out of the way.  It was in fact (surprise) a great day.  The mom's always have an extended meeting while the kids are doing their thing and it's the best attended meeting of the year, kind of like a captive audience and it's so nice to spend time chatting with a room full of like-minded women.

Erin stayed home recouping from Wednesday's oral surgery.  She had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted and she was feeling it.  Today is a bit worst and we're really praying that she's better in the morning.  She is scheduled for 4 events in tomorrow's horse show and really wants to participate.  

Aside from that, the sun rises, the sun sets, again and again and each new day brings fresh amazement at the goodness of the One who loves and so richly blesses us!!  I pray all is well with you and that your days are filled with gratitude...

Hugs, Debbie    

15 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie! Hooray! I'm glad the testing is over and I hope Erin's mouth is better so she can do fun horse games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing? Ugh. I am SO thankful that we do not have that in these parts of Canada. Do you get any funding for homeschooling? We don't. Which I'm totally fine with. It's just intriguing to me how homeschooling is so variable across the world. (And from child to child, and family to family, really.)

    Wishing Erin a speedy recovery & happy horse eventing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. No state funding and I too am totally fine with it. As soon as the government funds our education they control it... and I see it as our responsibility (the educating and the funding). I WOULD love to be rid of testing too, but I'm not complaining. Some states have it worst! :)

      Delete
  3. I was wondering how the testing went. I just helped with it in our school....ours was 4 long mornings!
    Glad it is over for you and the girls and you can get back to your regular life - and SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! testing is over...oh my on the teeth, may recovery go fast! Yes sun rise sun set...life is full and goes forward..enjoy your journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that the testing is over with and that Erin' surgery is over with too. I hope that she will feel better real soon.
    I'm glad that you had a great Mother's Day. We have a long weekend because of Victoria Day in Canada.
    Enjoy your weekend. JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie!

    How great to hear from you again! Glad the testing is over! We only have to do testing in 3rd, 5th and 8th but we also have to have evaluations every year!

    Hope Erin recovers enough to participate tomorrow! Is it a gaming show? My girls love those!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope she feels better and gets to show. I wondered what you have been doing. It all looks good.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you sound so much in the state that I am in. I can totally relate. I do hope we come out of our blogging'less state someday soon. I really wanted to let you know I updated my post about the knitted head-kerchief. I gave a link to it for you. ((HUGS)) The posts I seem to be giving are more pics than words. The Lord has me quiet right now but I do say a peep here and there when I can.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello-o-o Debbie! Always a nice surprise to see a post. I am glad the testing is over. I hope Erin is feeling much better. Four teeth at one time, she is a brave but smart girl - get it over with fast! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hope Erin is much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie, it's been a while since I've stopped by to visit. I just caught up with your posts right back to the beginning of April. For the past several weeks, my days have just whizzed by. So busy at school and then just the routine of every day life at home is more than enough. You said it, sunrise, sunset ... and then we do it all over again. I just don't know where all the hours go sometimes. Today I spent 8 hours cleaning and didn't even make a dent. Hope Erin was feeling much better today. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Erin's day went well! I thought about her this morning when I was out with the dogs and said a little prayer for her.

    I am glad the testing went so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll bet you did have a great time on testing day. Homeschool mom chat is lots of fun!

    Hope that Erin is feeling better today. Kristin had all four of her wisdom teeth out in January, and it took several days for her to feel "up and at 'em". But my daughter-in-law Sarah had two extracted in December. Her surgery was in the morning, and my son left for an out-of-town business trip in the afternoon, while she stayed at home recouperating and mothering three children aged 13 months to 4 years old. Ack! So it's definitely an individual thing.

    It is sooooo good to see you here this evening! It's always nice to get an update from my friend in Oregon, and to know that things are well with you. And to read things like this...

    Aside from that, the sun rises, the sun sets, again and again and each new day brings fresh amazement at the goodness of the One who loves and so richly blesses us!! I pray all is well with you and that your days are filled with gratitude...

    because your words are always a blessing!

    P.S. I added the book you recommended to my Amazon list, and plan to make it a part of my next order. It is co-authored by Dave Hunt (who lives in your neck of the woods!), a teacher whom we have long admired. I have never read it, but thought that it sounded familiar. When I looked it up, I knew why. Sound like an inspiring read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...