Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Friday, June 3, 2011

the message




Back in April when I was doing a little blog visiting, I happened upon something kind of fun.  If you write blogs you know that often when you comment you have to type in a word verification to post it.  For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this is just a mess of letters that you copy for security purposes (I think).  I'm such a good girl.  I just do what they tell me even if I don't know why...

Anyway.  I'm very visual.  So, I see this group of letters and in order to type them in quickly, I revert back to my early grammar school days and say the 'word' in my head phonetically.  Sometimes it's fun when the group of letters actually forms a real word.  It doesn't happen very often.

So, back to the April post I was visiting.  Julia was doing some blog hopping in her spare time and just after reading a post about abundant blessing she went to comment on the next blog.  Up came the word verification. She took a picture of the screen because she was delighted to find that it said...'bless'. Obviously God was talking to her (my words, not hers).  

Last night when I was leaving a comment, I too was 'spoken' to.  Again I reverted to early grammar school thinking and grabbed my camera.  

Sorry mom.  
I just had to do it.  
Put the soap away.  
Apparently I'm hopeless.

What did God want to say to me?  Wait a minute, it couldn't have been from God.  He's not a potty mouth!! 






Yes Meg, it was your post that I was commenting on.  Hmmm.  Maybe the message wasn't for me at all!  Maybe it was for Meg.  Whew...

* Please forgive me.  Sometimes it's the little things, you know?
Blessings, Debbie

30 comments:

  1. that's funny..LOL
    ~~HUGS~~
    http://blessingtheelements-mi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa!!! too funny.

    I read the word verification in my head, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find words in the verifications. You are one funny lady.
    Have a wonderful weekend Debbie with your beautiful family.

    PS-Beatrix has learned to fly to the second story level of her pen!! She is turning into such a beauty. Pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny. I've had proper words before, but nothing as funny. Sometimes profound. Weirdly enough, the words seem to match the content of the post I'm commenting on. I've sometimes wondered if people have selected a group of words, but I'm sure I'm overthinking this one. Yep, I am! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it wasn't God speaking to you, but maybe your bladder? Sometimes the strangest words turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always "read" them too! I find that about 1/4 of the time they make a word close to what the post was about-funny:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha! I love the verification "words". I wonder how that computer comes up with so many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is funny! I think word verification is some sort of subliminal way of making us dumber with those nonsense words. And really, what does it accomplish? Drives me nuts. At least pee pee is a word.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, you are so funny! See why I read your blog? It's a great mix of the fun and the profound and the day-to-day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A while ago I was a member of a forum and we had word verification before posting. It was put there to keep spam out. We made a game of it and had to make a sentence using the word we were given. There was some funny ones among them and it really made you think.
    Did you have to go after seeing that.....peepee! Haha! Sometimes it's like running a tap! Maa.
    Maa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I have had words like that too. My favorites Dweeb, geeek, and sometimes nerd with other letters behind it but it is there. I always feel like my message is so turn of that computer and go outside it's a nice day. :)That cracks me up, yes, I though it was cool that day Julia got the word Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I disabled that on my blog. But I do get a kick out of some of the "words". But this is so funny. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I had to comment again, the word I got for the above comment? "SOULA" - and yes, you have a beautiful soul! xo,

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! Oh my goodness. I think I'm going to have to have a talk with blogger. "People have to say peepee when they come to my blog..." Or maybe my silly little boys have been messing with the system! That is hilarious! Thanks for a great start to my morning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a LOL momemnt indeed -- I know what you mean about the non reable letters that form and most of the time don't make any sense -- but then you get silly words like that - to funny!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi No Spring Chicken. Thanks for the good laugh. The first thing I do when I get up, the last thing before I go to bed ( well I wash my hands of course) is peepee, and some time while I'm blog hopping too. lol.

    Are you sure you're no spring chicken. You look like a spring chick to me. You have a lovely family. Have a blessed day and yes, by all mean visit the washroom when needed. JB

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! It IS always the little things that keep us going!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well,,,I know God loves a good laugh too! :)

    I have often wondered if some of the verification words have anything at all to do with the words in some of our postings??

    I hope you have a great weekend!! Thanks for the smiles!

    xoxo... Gloria

    p.s. my verification word is: stiltin. Did you ever post anything about tin? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, thanks so much for your kinds words of encouragement today.

    I love your post! LOL. I see the craziest things in those codes, but this takes the cake!!

    Lynn
    AMothersJournal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes I get a hum-dinger of a word. Or an almost word. My favorite so far was "loonball." Sometimes I actually edit my comment and share the word before I finalize. If I thought that God talked through Blogger, I think I'd feel very nervous about everything else in the world. Who knows what would come next?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha, yes it is about the little things and if we stop focusing on the little things, then the big things overwhelm us...I love that your friend saw BLESS...pretty cool!
    I do the same thing with those word verifications; try to see what word/s that would be if put on a license plate since they are shortened...
    Have a blessed day Debbie...while away the hours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I just love you...this made me laugh right out loud, yes..LOL ;D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too funny...LOL I have laughed over and over again at some of the word verifications, even though I hate doing them, I laugh at times...and I do have one I took a picture of and will share one day...haven't had yours yet.
    You are a fun person.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So funny Debbie, I have had some doozies on verification too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's hilarious! Aren't those letters you have to type in annoying?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have had fun with some of those word verifications too, but I have never thought to take a picture and record them, they are gone forever....unlike yours! You certainly made some of us laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  27. They can get pretty funny. My least favorite one was "Wowfat." The nerve!

    For this comment? Roses with an extra s.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the giggle! I needed that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...