Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

a special delivery



Prayer meeting went sooo late last night that I didn't even start on the dishes until 10:00 pm (we 'break bread' together for our evening meal before prayer).  Then, Erin needed to use the computer for 'a few minutes' so I made the mistake of sitting down on the couch and quickly fell asleep!  I usually write my posts at night now and schedule them for the morning.  I got up today still feeling pretty wiped so I gave myself permission not to write today.


I love it all Julie, thank you!


But then something wonderful happened and in my elation I snapped a few pictures and ran straight in here.  My package arrived!  Julie said that she had mailed it, and it's here.  

A short while back I actually won the generous give-away at The Harwards.  How amazing is that?  I've so enjoyed getting to know Julie.  Apparently the term gracious hospitality isn't reserved only for dinner hostesses.  Visit her and you'll see what I mean.




And last but not least I give you my attempt at a self portrait wearing the lovely butterfly apron.  What do you think?

Blessings, Debbie

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful apron and I can't wait to see what you bake from the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look awesome in that apron! I love to getting exciting mail (the non exciting is a bill). I am glad you got your needed rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron is lovely! And the cookbook looks fun-we all love muffins around here! Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how wonderful Congrats on the giveway the apron is very pretty ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty apron! I love the bouquet too. Aren't unexpected packages the most fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He He...makes me happy to see that you got it and the apron..looks great on you, enjoy! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gifts, and the self portrait! Julie is such a sweet & thoughtful lady. That apron is just darling! What a blessed win...:) Couldn't have happened to a nicer lady!! Congrats! The cookbooks look great too!!

    You know what? I became one of your Followers, but your name is not appearing on my blog roll. I think BLOGGER randomly does that sometimes, I guess?? To where you follow and it is in your READER, but not showing up listed on your BLOG ROLL. Hmmmm!!...:/ I will have to go in and try and figure out how to fix that.

    Have a great evening!

    xoxo...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie,

    Just me again... I figured out how to add your blog to my sidebar blog roll! :)

    I also forgot to say, "Thanks for praying for my back." How thoughtful of you to think of me! I will say a prayer for your friend's back to get better too! :) Thank you so much!!

    God bless!!

    xoxo...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the win! That is a beautiful apron!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...