Pages


"Let's be cheerful"! We have no more right to steal the brightness out of the day for our own family than we have to steal the purse of a stranger. Let us be as careful that our homes are furnished with pleasant & happy thoughts as we are that the rugs are the right color and texture & the furniture comfortable and beautiful"! Laura Ingalls Wilder

Monday, February 28, 2011

If life gives you bananas....

Early mornings are lovely when there's no one up but me and the cat.  I barely get through the bedroom door before being petted and stroked (yes, she's the one doing the loving) all the way to the laundry room where her beloved cat chow waits.


prrrrrrrr....

She's hungry first thing in the morning.  Not me.  After feeding her, I grind my favorite French Roast and settle into my spot on the couch with my Bible.  I can smell the brew doing it's thing while I feast on The Word.


The bible cover we bought Audrey the year her (premature) sister Hope Joy was taken to Heaven


I really hope it's not wrong to speak of coffee love in the same paragraph as my devotions. Because, as it's true that my morning coffee is important to me, I don't worship it.

Now, while it's still dark out is when I mosey back into the kitchen, pour my cuppa and begin breakfast prep. Before you get the wrong idea let me assure you that I do not make breakfast every morning.  Sometimes it's appropriate for me to show the family the toaster and the fruit bowl.  But, sometimes you have a bunch of bananas threatening to go bad........




DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN BANANA BREAD
(I made the name up just now)  :)

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour  ( you can use whole wheat, I compromise with 1/2 whole wheat 1/2 white)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)




A very good morning indeed.




Blessings,  Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...